This job is no longer available
The Social Media Manager will work to increase the RFU’s levels of online engagement with rugby fans and participants through content creation, direct interaction and effective use of analytics.
The role also requires a degree of ad hoc task co-ordination and content management.
Key responsibilities will include:
- You will submerse yourself in the RFU’s online communities, interact directly and join in conversations
- Build content designed to create conversation in the social space and grow the community on and off the website
- Aid development of the RFU’s social media strategies and work closely with the rest of the communications team, the marketing team and commercial partnerships team to deliver on these strategies
- Build the engagement and reach of the RFU’s online communities by getting your hands dirty every day writing content, getting to know the communities and engaging in conversations
- Be the RFU’s ears in social media so that you can gauge sentiment and spot trends and engagement opportunities. Communicate these opportunities and threats to the rest of the communications team and wider RFU stakeholders
- Continually measure and report on the impact and effectiveness of the RFU’s online communities.
- Identify, foster and develop relationships with key bloggers, community members and brand evangelists
- You are required to maintain an appropriate standard of confidentiality. Any disclosures of confidential information (including personal information kept on computer or other media) made unlawfully outside the proper course of duty will be treated as a serious disciplinary offence
- The role, responsibilities and skills outlined in the Role description may be reasonably amended at the company’s discretion. The company will inform the post holder in the event of any changes made
Qualifications and Experience:
- Candidates should be educated to degree level standard or above or have an equivalent professional qualification in a relevant discipline
- You will have demonstrable experience in a relevant role and discipline
- You will have experience in a similar role at a high profile brand or specialist agency
- You will have experience working to tight deadlines in a high-paced environment
- Experience in the sporting or entertainment sectors are preferred but not essential
- You will have experience in altering tone and output depending on the delivery platform
To apply, please send your CV, cover letter and salary expectations by clicking on the Apply Now button.
Closing date for applications is 13th July 2014.