This job is no longer available
c2c are one of the fastest growing rail operators in the UK and have been managing the London-Tilbury-Southend route for the past 15 years. In this time they have been instrumental in transforming the line by investing heavily in new rolling stock and improved ongoing maintenance. This means c2c have now topped the rail industry's punctuality table since 2011, and were named London's most popular commuter operator by Which? magazine in 2014.
However, they are not resting on their laurels. The company has just been awarded a new 15-year franchise and is about to embark on a further stage of targeted growth which has resulted in this newly created position of Commercial Director. This role will essentially focus on maximising opportunities to increase revenue from both existing and new customers.
Reporting to the Managing Director and working as part of the Executive Team, you’ll have overall responsibility for a team of around 12 and will cover all aspects of the strategic development including Digital Marketing, Sales, Pricing, Planning and Market Research. You will be tasked with developing all aspects of the customer journey across both traditional and digital channels.
Key responsibilities will include:
- The ongoing development of the c2c brand
- Integrating c2c’s on-line and virtual presence into the overall customer relationship offering
- Introducing new technologies and growing the social media channel
- Growing customer revenue through new services, pricing structures and marketing
- Ongoing research and customer satisfaction
- Identifying and setting customer service and quality benchmarks and measuring delivery
- Provide support services to front-line customer facing colleagues
The successful applicant will be able to demonstrate:
- A track record of profit growth through innovative revenue generation
- Previous history working in a commercial environment in a regulated industry.
- Experience in integrating digital into consumer marketing communications
- Strong knowledge of all digital channels including social media
- Experience in combining research, product design, sales and after sales to hit commercial targets.
To apply for this role please email your CV to Harjit, by clicking on the Apply Now button in the first instance or contact her on 0203 668 6746 for a confidential discussion.
Network Marketing is working as the retained partner on this campaign. Any third party applications will not be considered. Both c2c and Network Marketing are Equal Opportunities and Age Positive Employers and as such we welcome applications from anyone with relevant experience.