This job is no longer available
thetrainline.com is the UK’s leading online retailer of train tickets. We sell over £1.4billion train tickets for all train companies & routes and serve millions of UK train travellers every year. Our goal is to help people save money on train tickets whether it’s online, on mobile apps or over the phone. Talented people, customer led product innovation and powerful marketing have made us one of the most successful online businesses in the UK and thetrainline.com is now the UK’s leading travel website by visits.
Here at thetrainline, we put our growth and success down to saving money for our customers, ingenious innovation and our people – who are the best around. So we do our utmost to attract and keep them. We embrace our differences, act with integrity and honesty, celebrate our successes and reward well too. We believe in training, substantial holidays and a lot more besides. It’s also about having fun – so we have social events to ensure that we balance hard work with a bit of relaxation. We’re rightly proud of what we’re doing. And if you’d like to be part of a team that safely delivers to millions of customers every year, we’re sure you’ll like it here too.
To continue to deliver year on year growth we are seeking talented, innovative and enthusiastic people to join our dedicated team.
Purpose of the Role:
The Campaign Selections Executive is responsible for selection and build of campaign cell structures, responding to data briefs created by the thetrainline.com and our Train Operating Company (TOC) client campaign teams. Channels of execution will initially be email, however as the use of our new campaign management tool is established this will change to a more multi-channel environment.
This is a high volume campaign function dealing with a multitude of different campaign types, reflective of both the variety of train brands thetrainline.com partners with and the diversity of their respective customer bases.
We’re looking for you to have experience with Neolane campaign management tool and other major CRM tools like Chordiant, Unica, Epiphany, SmatFocus or others and have sound marketing data skills. You will be comfortable with working in a client facing role. You will not only respond to briefs but also use your knowledge of the database to propose improvements, which help ensure campaigns deliver the required results.
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to determine the requirements of campaigns and data selections, ensuring that these are adequately documented.
- Design the campaign selections within our campaign management tool, in line with the relevant contact strategy.
- Run the data selections and validate counts are accurate, managing stakeholders through that process.
- Execute Email and SMS campaigns in our campaign management tool, ensuring campaigns are signed off by all relevant stakeholders.
- Create accurate post campaign reports, including the results of tests and ROI measurement. Proactively and independently provide recommendations for improvements to future campaigns.
- Support the team with adhoc requests related to data selections and extracts or supporting systems and processes.
- Identifying any data or processing issues and immediately provide the appropriate notification for resolution.
Knowledge & Experience
An understanding of the following is required:
- General relational database concepts
- Email/Direct mail campaign planning including lifecycle and event triggered campaigns
- Contact strategy implementation
- Strong awareness of data and data analysis
- Ability to analyse and interpret data
- A/B testing (such as offers and creative treatments)
- SQL and querying (basic understanding)
- Data Protection and its application within customer marketing (basic understanding)
- Campaign ROI measurement
- Campaign reporting
- Email campaign deliverability (basic understanding)
- Previous experience of using NEOLANE Campaign tool (ideal, but not essential)
Benefits include: 25 days holiday (plus Public and Bank Holidays), life assurance, Gymflex, Season Ticket loan, pension contributions, medical and dental insurance (subject to qualifying periods).
To apply for this position, please click on the Apply Now button.