This job is no longer available
This role plays a vital part supporting the Digital Communications Manager to ensure the B2B Industrial & Commercial division successfully takes its products to market in line with marketing strategy and delivers the desired customer experience for the brand. It will have you involved in working across functions within EDF Energy to ensure B2B’s digital marketing interests are adequately considered and provided for in wider company projects - particularly Internet development covering customer portals and the social media space.
This role centres on supporting the Digital Communications Manager in the timely delivery, production and reporting of a wide variety of communications programmes of differing scale and complexity that support the Marketing Team’s contribution to the success of the B2B Business of EDF Energy.
This includes assisting in the delivery of a winning strategy and all agreed activity to budget and timescales optimising Sales, Marketing and Corporate objectives and delivering against set targets.
Projects are assigned by the Digital Communications Manager and the Manager, Marketing Operations, and output typically is also reviewed and approved by Customer Segment Managers governing the relevant product and proposition performance strategies.
Above all, a creative approach to communications and marketing problems is essential to support EDF Energy developing a sustainable leading position in the B2B market place.
A high degree of flexibility is required as projects involve a wide variety of marketing and communications disciplines, normally with projects with demanding timescales. The job holder will need to be a self starter able to work on their own, but also to work well within teams with diverse experience and abilities.
To support the Digital Communications Manager in the delivery of the following objectives:
- Lead in the formulation and implementation of the digital development strategy, and proactively seek, scope and implement improvements to the content, formatting, usability and accessibly of the B2B web content channels.
- Support the responses to marketing briefs received from the planning and performance team and deliver innovative digital communications outputs which meet the briefs needs.
- Contribute in the development and growth of enhancing B2B’s digital channels for acquisition, reputation and thought leadership opportunities in the retention of customers via tactical campaigns
- Represent and lobby the B2B business interests in company-wide website development initiatives.
- Manage the performance of service providers, both internal (e.g. IT) and external (e.g. Creative Agencies), involved in directly managed projects to the specification and budgetary parameters and ensure value for money for the business unit is achieved.
- Provide technical marketing guidance to members of the marketing communications and wider marketing team in the development of their campaigns and product plans.
- Prepare and provide support for the in-house preparation of a wide variety of on and off-line communication materials required for marketing campaigns.
- Provide brand guardianship within the B2B business, correcting misinterpretations of the company’s brand identity when and where these are detected.
- Work closely with the wider marketing team and the other areas of the company to ensure consistency of message and keep abreast of company developments to ensure that the online channel is accurate, up to date, synchronised with offline activity and the channel is fully optimised to achieve overall acquisition and retention objectives.
- An education to degree standard is required, or a demonstration of ability to the same level delivered in a working environment.
- Ability to form and develop strong influential relationships with key internal and external stakeholders
- Experience of offering a service, to internal or external customers, in a fast moving environment
- Ability to effectively manage external agency relationships
Technical and Commercial Knowledge and Skills
- Strong creative copywriting and proofing skills with an adaptive style that has impact online as well as offline. Commercial design & creative experience a distinct advantage. Conversant in the use of quality management controls with an eye for detail essential.
- Solid working knowledge of web based technologies and principles with a hands on level of competence to code & maintain HTML, CSS, Meta data via a Content Management System (CMS) and other tools.
- Strong capability of social media, community management and content management principles. Track record and experience in the use of all social media monitoring & moderation tools and governance reporting on relevant metrics to effect change.
- Ability to understand customer insight, research web and campaign analytics. A strong appreciation of the core customer centric user case principles employed in User Interfaces (UI) of Information Architecture (IA) Use Experience (UX) disciplines.
- Familiarity of email campaign marketing principles and the ability to orchestrate email campaigns and metrics using email marketing tools i.e dotMailer, Silver Pop or similar.
- Competent in the design and production of creative marketing assets using Adobe Creative Suite products & tools. Experience using either/all of - Dreamweaver, Photoshop, InDesign and Acrobat Professional highly desirable (up-skilling and training can be supported within the team)
- Competent level of Microsoft Office applications - Excel, PowerPoint, and Word. Particular familiarity of manipulating customer data and managing quality.
- Good organisational skills and ability to manage and service several projects at one time. Ability to understand a marketing brief and be able to deliver the necessary outputs
- Solid understanding of how digital media works within marketing environment and an ability to address issues with clients/stakeholders and assess the viability of using new media to enhance a customer brand experience.
- Ability to identify critical business issues
- Good judgement and decision making
- Self confident and assured
- Persistent, determined and resilient
- Get results and make things happen
- Influence, sell, persuade at all levels
- Take measured risks
- Share knowledge, experience, reward and leadership
- Engage, motivate and involve others
To apply for this position, please click the Apply now button.