This job is no longer available
We are looking for a digital content executive to join our commercial team at our head office in London. This is an integral role within commercial responsible for improving and finding new ways of delivering our content.
You will be responsible for implementing the production, development and deployment of digital content in accordance with agreed style principles within defined timescales and budgets. You will challenge your stakeholders to ensure the best content goes live through our channels to improve customer experience. You will also be responsible for ensuring our website is compliant with industry and regulatory standards.
You should have experience of working within a marketing environment and have previously managed content. We are looking for a passionate and confident individual that can engage with key stakeholders to deliver improvements in processes to benefit both the customer and the Post Office. You will have understanding of current and emerging technologies and be educated to degree level ideally in English, Business or Marketing or hold equivalent experience. It is essential that you have excellent attention to detail as you will often need to proof read content for spelling and grammatical errors.
Key areas of responsibility
- Deploy content on the Post Office website to maintain a consistent customer experience by working directly with category/product managers, relevant internal business units within Post Office Ltd, Royal Mail Group, external partners and third parties
- Maintain a rolling 12 month content deployment plan for the Post Office website, providing reporting & audit trail of content changes.
- Involvement in deploying new products and site refreshes & new designs.
- Ensure consistency of customer experience is adhered to and that it is in line with offline communication materials.
- Involvement in ensuring all Post Office and third party content is on brand and adheres to Post Office® style guides and DDA standards
- Ensure regulated content on the Post Office website is compliant
- Manage small CMS enhancements
Knowledge, experience, qualifications and skills
- A good understanding of content management systems
- Knowledge of page tagging e.g. Omniture, campaign and marketing tags - preferred
- Knowledge of JSP forms, CSS and Flash would be an advantage – preferred
- Experience in a marketing environment, with experience of content management.
- A passion for customer service and improving processes to deliver benefits to both customers and Post Office Ltd.
- Experience of developing and managing relationships with internal business units, external partners, agencies and suppliers.
- Some understanding of current and emerging technologies such as browser capabilities, rich media formats, content management systems and web metrics.
- Excellent team player
- Educated to degree level ideally in English, Business or Marketing. A relevant IT degree with a business focus would also be considered.
- html and xhtml code creation
- Photoshop- Preferred
We will begin shortlisting on 08/09/2014. Due to limited availability of places we encourage you to apply early as we cannot guarantee applications received from this date will be reviewed