We have an exciting opportunity to join Smiggle & the Just Group as a key player in driving our future growth in online & cross-channel sales. You'll deliver actionable insights to increase and drive the direct digital channel performance, playing a supporting role in optimisation of new & existing digital marketing channels to drive traffic, engagement and repeat purchases.
You will use multiple data sources (including web analytics, transactional analysis, offline channels, and third party agencies) to create insight and recommendations that support business decision making with a strong focus on the optimisation of digital marketing channels (including affiliates, re-targeting advertising, Google and Facebook) as well as commercial forecasting such as sales forecasting, resource modelling (e.g. DC volume) and new services. Additionally, you will be building data models to project the business benefit from new initiatives and establishing performance measures and KPIs, for measurement of success post-launch.
You will have a passion for data, and have extensive experience mining and interpreting online data, to product actionable insights. As such, we are seeking interest from both local and international specialists, with experience in commercially-focused retail environments.
- Mining and preparation of data, building reports for digital marketing campaigns (including affiliates, re-targeting, prospecting, Google advertising, email acquisition, and Facebook) on a daily, weekly, monthly basis
- Identifying optimisation opportunities, supporting decisions and helping to determine strategic and tactical direction for digital marketing campaigns. Collaborating with stakeholders to add context to analysis and maximise the action arising from recommendations
- Proactively monitoring and communicating trends, looking for opportunities to drive improved performance of digital marketing campaigns, website and other digital touch points
- Leverage multiple sources of data and business knowledge to formulate commercial insights, taking into account promotional calendars, historical performance, using data from web analytics, marketing agency reporting tools, Just Group financials and customer reporting systems
- Build data models to project sales, online metrics and ROI for seasonal business planning as well as new proposed initiatives to support business case development
- Work with internal stakeholders to establish KPIs for new digital marketing campaigns, website enhancements/functionality changes, and build required reports
- Preparing written analysis and presenting findings and clear recommendations/actionable insights, to improve performance of digital marketing campaigns, website enhancements, etc.
- Develop forecasts for online metrics (including sales, conversion, ATV, order volumes) for management of daily trade
- Work with IT to review and test analytics tool tagging for site changes, new site features, and initiatives to ensure data quality
- Work as part of the wider Analyst community within Just Group to solve common business challenges
To apply for this role, you will need to be highly numerate, analytical and have a strong understanding of digital analytics and reporting. You must demonstrate strong commercial awareness with the ability to prioritise tasks based on where you can drive insight to attribute the largest financial benefits to the business.
- Proven experience with data driven analysis methods for digital marketing and online optimisation
- Experience utilising sophisticated web metrics tools such as Coremetrics, Adobe Analytics or similar (Coremetrics preferred)
- Tertiary qualifications in Data Science, Analytics or related discipline
- Understanding of eCommerce ideally in a retail environment
- Knowledge of retail industry and relevant KPI’s
- Experience with Excel at expert level
- Proficient at writing custom queries using web analytics tools
- Proficient with SQL (preferred but not essential)
- Excellent attention to detail and strong organisational skills to manage multiple work requests and projects.
- Ability to independently prioritise workload
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and turn around analysis and provide answers to business partners quickly.
- Self-motivated with the ability to take ownership of deliverables and outcomes
- Knowledge eMarketing activities such as SEO, SEM, remarketing, re-targeting advertising and affiliates
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to effectively present analytics data to business users at a senior level
- Demonstrated ability to prioritise multiple workstreams according to effort/outcome
- 28 days holiday (inc Banks Holidays)
- 50% discount on products
If you are ambitious and are keen to explore the opportunity to be part of a truly exciting business, we would be keen to hear from you.
Follow Smiggle on Instagram and Facebook, or stop by smiggle.co.uk to find our stores and learn more about us.