Digital Partner, Econsultancy UK
Job Title: Digital Partner, Econsultancy UK
Team: Digital Transformation
Econsultancy helps organisations harness the transformational power of digital to realise their modern marketing potential.
Since 1999, Econsultancy has been distilling and demystifying digital marketing information, turning it into useful, independent insight with practical applications. Like our best practice guides, that show you exactly how to execute your digital marketing plans, or our trends reports that highlight the issues you must know about.
Our customers come to us to build their knowledge and teams’ capabilities, validate their decisions, stay up to date and benchmark their activity. They know they can trust us to provide independent advice. Without mincing our words.
Research – Data – Case Studies - Training – ELearning - Events - Digital Transformation
London – New York – Singapore
Context of the Role
Positioned externally as both ‘Digital Transformation’ and ‘Bespoke Capability Solutions’, Econsultancy draws upon content and expertise from across the business, and across our network, to create high value capability development partnerships.
Econsultancy’s USP is our dynamic and industry leading network of practitioners, trainers and consultants. The Digital Partner is our expert conduit between our clients, our external network and our in-house sales and project management teams.
Close to the market and our customers, Econsultancy’s Digital Partner is a passionate digital leader at the forefront of trends in marketing-led digital transformation. They have the commercial acumen to translate this insight into a profitable Digital Transformation service offering; empowering a team to successfully develop and market products, win work, deliver projects and retain customers. They understand where Econsultancy has the greatest opportunity to play, win and deliver differentiated client value.
The post holder is able to combine their digital & marketing knowledge, senior business development capabilities and agile creative thinking to lead by example in delivering best in class solutions that our customers link to organisational and individual improvement.
Purpose of the role
The purpose of this role is to open, build and retain long term commercial partnerships with clients accessing a bespoke suite of Econsultancy’s products and services to develop their digital marketing and ecommerce capabilities. Clients are won, impressed and retained via the Digital Partners’ personal knowledge and experience of successful digital marketing, ecommerce, marketing and digital transformation acumen. This senior post holder is the conduit between our ‘external network’, ‘sales’ and ‘delivery’ by acting as an in-house Econsultancy consultant.
In addition, the post holder will work with the Deputy MD EMEA to build and retain senior collaborations with digital and business transformation consultancies, industry bodies and agencies as a funnel for new business and to strengthen brand credibility.
This individual is a consultative partner to our clients, a digital expert who can advise on solutions and creatively design ‘packages’ that draw upon our existing in-house product set and expertise, as well as the external expertise of our trainer network. Input into creative proposals and being a lively, expert presence at client pitches are important facets to the role.
In addition to developing truly bespoke approaches, the Digital Partner will also work closely with the Head of Online Programmes, Head of Product and Research Director to, where appropriate, fold learnings back into the business and ‘productise’ our offering. The post holder must be able to ladder together our tactical solutions to effectively demonstrate to clients how we can help them achieve the strategic goals.
Modern learning platforms, proprietary insight frameworks, innovative and effective learning methodologies, useful assessment tools and leading best practice research may all feature in a successful arsenal of services, so strong relationships with our senior product and content post holders will be critical.
The post holder must also collaborate with the Digital Partner USA.
Reports and Structure
Econsultancy’s consulting and capability solutions are offered to clients via a combination of dedicated sales resource and cross-sells from high value subscription clients.
The Digital Partner will therefore operate in a matrix structure with posts from across the sales and account management operation contributing to his / her revenue line.
The Digital Partner will be freed from day-to-day line management in order to maximise valuable face-time with high value existing and prospective customers. However, as a senior post holder the Digital Partner will have authority to draw upon resource and expertise from across sales, account management and project management, and will heavily influence the work and strategic direction of our product, content and marketing teams.
- A personal high-value business development target and shared responsibility for global digital transformation target.
- The Digital Partner is an in-demand internal resource brought in to client meetings to build credibility with senior stake-holders, demonstrate our in-house digital knowledge and capabilities and design approaches.
- Econsultancy’s in house expert called upon to win, deliver and retain high value accounts (his/ her own accounts, and those of the team).
- Represents Econsultancy’s point of view and digital expertise at marketing and networking lead-generation events.
- Works with project management team to capture and act upon project feedback to shape our proposition and / or work with Product Manager to operationalise where appropriate.
- Understanding of competitor product offering and able to review existing proposition and make appropriate recommendations around where Econsultancy can / should play, win and differentiate.
- Able to work in ‘test and learn’ agile way, packaging, repurposing and creating solutions using in-house and external expertise, then funnelling validated approaches to the Product Manager that require additional development to be added to core product set.
- Growing our external network of trainers and consultants, the Digital Partner has the depth of digital knowledge to be able to challenge or validate the recommendations and work of our external network.
- A matrix of key stakeholders is responsible for shaping, refining and delivering our proposition and customer experience. The post holder must work in close collaboration with Sales Director, Marketing, Research Director, Product Manager, project managers, Head of Online Programmes, Digital Partner USA and international senior stakeholders.
Essential skills knowledge and experience
- Able to speak confidently and consultatively with practitioners and C-level stake-holders around current digital marketing and ecommerce capabilities, technology, processes and trends. Beyond ‘speaking at top level’, the suitable candidate is a digital expert able to propose solutions and offer advice: they’re our internal consultant.
- A creative sales leader. 8+ years in a business development / commercial post within the digital marketing, marketing, ecommerce sector. Proven track record of meeting challenging new business sales targets, customer growth and personal business development.
- A seasoned practitioner who has worked brand side as a Head of Digital, Head of Marketing, Head of Transformation level position, or in a consulting role within an agency or consultancy.
- Agile, quick worker, able to work collaboratively with clients, our in-house and external network to creatively and swiftly meet client requirements.
- Experience of managing digital change programmes that touch upon people, process, technology and culture
- Whilst business development and digital expertise are priority skills as the post holder will have access to a Professional Development expert, the post holder must be willing to develop their understanding of learning & development in the context of marketing capability skills development. A candidate with digital, business development and learning expertise is the ideal.
Performance indicators will include:
- Meeting of revenue targets and accuracy of forecasting
- A shift in reliance to in-house expertise Vs external expertise
- Achieving budgeted project margins
- Volume and value of new business
- Volume and value of account growth
- Client feedback
- Peer feedback around contribution to marketing, new product development, research pieces and cross sells
To apply for this position, please click the Apply button.
Apply for Digital Partner, Econsultancy UK
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly