Senior Account Manager (Business Development)
You will be part of a great team, responsible for delivering beautiful websites and powerful e-commerce solutions to growing businesses in the UK and beyond.
You will be leading company's business development by bringing on new clients and helping to grow existing client accounts. This role will play a key role in helping us to achieve ambitious growth plans.
My client is an upbeat web development agency. Founded 11 years ago, they are successful delivering ecommerce solutions to their vast portfolio of clients in the leisure, travel, drinks and luxury goods markets. After making some serious waves in helping their existing customers to grow into multi-million pound e-commerce businesses my client is now ready for the next phase of their own growth.
- Build strong working relationships with existing clients and new prospects quickly.
- Manage all inbound new business enquiries through our business development process and any associated CRM systems.
- Contribute to the overall strategic development and growth of the company and company's accounts.
- Demonstrate appropriate insights and understand of client's business objectives, requirements and any pain points they may have with existing solutions.
- Act as a trusted advisor to clients, demonstrating industry expertise and experience, helping to shape the most appropriate solution to meet their needs.
- Negotiate contracts and close new business agreements to increase company revenue and profits while building sustainable, long term relationships with clients.
- Prepare proposals and quotations and manage the new business funnel to ensure that enquiries are turned around in a timely and effective manner.
- Handover new projects to delivery teams ensuring that stakeholder information, key details and expectations are shared.
- Ensure any commitments you make to clients are achievable, that expectations are managed and that all communication with clients or potential new clients is timely, accurate and professional at all times.
- Participate in new business meetings, lead pitches and attend kick offs / other customer meetings as required.
- Actively contribute to our monthly forecasting process as well as our annual business planning cycle.
- Assist with challenging client requests or issue escalations as needed.
Background and experience
You must be passionate, enthusiastic and extremely knowledgeable around web and e-commerce solutions - not just "Web sites" but e-commerce solutions that provide real competitive advantage for customers.
You will have background in business development/ client solutions / account management, within a digital agency environment for at least 5 years.
You will possess a proven track record within business development/client solutions, establishing and growing relationships with clients.
You will have successfully sold custom solutions as oppose to "One size fits all" off the shelf solutions and believe in the benefits these solutions can bring to customers.
You will be commercially aware and understand it is not just about a quick sale, but a sustainable, mutually beneficial and profitable ongoing relationship.
Highly motivated, organised individual who is keen to join and play a pivotal role in a successful, growing business.
Excellent communication, relationship building and interpersonal skills - with customers and colleagues alike.
Excellent documentation skills and attention to detail with the ability to write and deliver compelling sales proposals and presentations.
Strong analysis skills with the ability to quickly understand and synthesise prospective clients' businesses and their particular requirements.
Strong negotiation, influencing and presentation skills.
A team player, with the desire to work with a committed team of professionals.
Whats on offer
Competitive salary, negotiable for the right candidate, with performance related bonus and company benefits.
Excellent working environment with a friendly, highly professional team who are very good at what they do.
Amazing opportunity to be part of a fantastic growth story - helping other successful businesses to grow and achieve their potential.