Digital Marketing & Brand Manager
4 days left
POSITION: Digital Marketing & Brand Manager
JOB FUNCTION: Marketing, audience acquisition/ retention, brand development, partnerships, event delivery, opportunity exploration and delivery
REPORTING TO: Founders
SALARY: Competitive & commensurate with position
ABOUT THE BUSINESS
BALANCE is an award winning wellness brand delivering engaging content across print digital, experiential and events. Balance speaks to people looking for brands, products and services that connect with their values, whilst reflecting a mindful approach to living.
BALANCE CULTURE + VALUES
Our people are agile, adaptable, reliable, caring, work with the utmost integrity, respect each other, collaborate and are ‘doers’ – we don’t just say we will do something, we deliver and execute. Being a mission led business, our aim is to make a positive impact on the world. We have built a passionate team who care about each other and genuinely believe in our Values.
Reporting directly into our 2 Founders and our Head of Digital, you will ultimately be responsible for building upon the Balance brand, driving audience acquisition and developing effective, strategic and on brand partnerships through establishing and managing the Balance Marketing division. This is a new and key position within the business and is a chance for an individual to make a real difference in a mission led organisation. Your role will be highly varied with responsibility for digital marketing, online and offline marketing, marketing strategy, brand identity + consistency and events. We are in a growth phase of the business and as such, you will have the benefit of being able to recruit your own team as the business pushes forwards .
Marketing + Strategy
- Work very closely with the Directors to develop, define and deliver the ongoing marketing strategy and deliver pre-agreed revenue, customer value and engagement targets
- Using this compelling marketing strategy, supported by case studies, testimonials, thought leadership and PR activity across integrated channels, position Balance as the partner of choice within the wellness and health market
- Own the delivery of Balance reader/customer events while playing a supporting role for experiential and larger customer events.
- Source, develop and manage new strategic partnerships with complementary brands who can support and grow brand Balance. Our 2 Directors are heavily involved in engaging with new brands so you will be a direct support to them
- Find innovative and cost effective ways to deliver brand enhancing materials
- Oversee the visual identity development for new brand assets and products, ensuring that they effectively and creatively promote Balance content and brand positioning
- Consult with key internal stakeholders to ensure brand assets deliver unified messaging and consistent branding across all marketing and communications
- Create and deliver branded presentations both internally and externally
- Find and develop magazine distribution partners and channels
- Building the brand
- Identify content gaps and provide content teams with regular keyword analysis and recommendations to grow traffic.
- Conduct competitor research and provide recommendations to consistently grow Balance’s market share.
- Work with the Director of Digital and Balance’s leadership team to create and implement roadmaps to enable Balance to meet ambitious audience targets across site and social platforms.
- Monitor and report performance of Balance’s digital platforms against acquisition targets (organic and paid).
- Share regular traffic updates reports with relevant stakeholders across the company, offering insights and recommendations to regularly improve performance.
- Ensure acquisition targets for all digital platforms are met within the agreed budget requirements.
- Manage PPC campaigns to support the audience and commercial strategy.
- Responsible for the distribution of Balance newsletter communications, including helping to quickly grow the database and drive strong levels of open rate and engagement.
- Identify and onboard suitable brand partnerships for Balance in order to enhance the group’s industry presence.
- Be the day to day contact for ensuring brand partnerships are delivered seamlessly and in line with partnership agreements.
Analysis, Reporting & Optimisation
- Continuously monitor and report on marketing activity against agreed metrics
- Keep up to date on the newest marketing trends and developments to identify new opportunities that will enhance performance
- Manage balance’s market research and customer insight, looking at:
- Customer and market trends
- Competitor analysis
- Content and customer engagement
- Data systems and external research
- Build and then lead a marketing team
- Select and manage all relevant marketing agencies
- Work closely with the Sales and Editorial team to support them with multi—channel sales pitches
- Deliver regular brand updates to all teams to update on company progress
- 4-5 years experience in brand and digital marketing, events
- Experience of building audiences, audience acquisition, CRM marketing, paid social media marketing, paid searches
- Strong project management, planning and delivery skills
- Able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Key understanding of print, digital and social media marketing
- Previous experience in setting up a marketing division is highly desirable
- Proven track record in delivering a successful marketing strategy
- Experience in helping to grow online audience – organic and paid – for a publisher or similar business
- SEO keyword research and on-page optimisation experience across online properties is required
- Experience in using analytics and web tools to support audience development across search and social channels, plus experience of reporting
- Experience of PPC campaign management
- Experience of managing and distributing newsletter communications, including growing a database, improving open rates and providing insights to the business on performance
- Experience of working on, and successfully delivering, brand partnerships
- You will be target oriented, and number driven with the ability to analyse and apply relevant data to your daily role
- You will be an engaging and creative communicator who is not afraid to get involved or speak up
- You will be a critical thinker
- You will have a passion for wellness, customers and marketing
- You will be a deliverer and executor. You will be able to not only develop strategic plans but truly deliver on these.
- You will have excellent commercial and brand management acumen with the ability to cross reference opportunities, seek out business and be proactive. Our company is in a substantial growth phase and we want people on board who want to be a part of this exciting drive for growth!
- You will thrive in a start-up environment. This is a really autonomous role in a company that has an open management style. You will be used to working without supervision whilst having strong team player traits with a ‘get stuck in’ attitude when needed
- You will be happy to work in an environment where you are responsible for your own day, you can deliver on goals without a super structured management style. You will love working to KPI’s!
- You will be mature and confident in the workplace
- You will love variety
- You will love working collaboratively with all areas of the business i.e. sales/ editorial
Potential for flexible working arrangements – we trust our staff and for those looking for more flexible working arrangements i.e. on occasion working from home, and who can deliver on their tasks and duties, we are more than happy to discuss.
Working for a purpose and mission led company! Working for what we believe is a brilliant, creative, passionate, company delivering content to london and the wider UK audience. We truly believe we are adding value to people’s lives and you can be part of this too!
To apply for this position, please click the Apply button.
Apply for Digital Marketing & Brand Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly