Web Operations Assistant
Web Operations Assistant
39 Hours – Permanent
We have exciting plans for the development of our online retailing capability. Following the continued growth of the Lakeland websites, we are now seeking someone who can work as part of the Web Team to support the day to day operational needs of the online store to enable continued improvements to our customer experience and to assist with the introduction of new functionality to the Lakeland website.
The main responsibilities of the role are:
- Act as the first line of web support. Capturing issues raised by customer services or wider business members, and conducting preliminary investigation and analysis to quantify the impact on the business.
- Assist the web team with the technical deployment of templates, banners, emails, promotions and multi variant testing.
- Define and lead the user acceptance testing process, ensuring that all project output meets the specified quality and business requirements
- Daily analysis of key web metrics ensuring the high standards of web performance are met.
Prior experience of working in a similar role is necessary. What is most important is that candidates possess a passion for the role and can clearly demonstrate they possess the abilities and competences necessary to be successful in it.
Candidates will have:
- An intermediate understanding of ecommerce systems (Ideally Hybris) and their architecture
- An intermediate understanding of HTML, CSS, Java based languages and object orientated databases
- An advanced understanding of the Internet, the World Wide Web and how websites are constructed and managed.
- An intermediate understanding of web master tools, google merchant centre and other business management consoles
- Experience of end to end user acceptance testing
- The ability to define and execute testing scripts for both front end functionality and integration testing
- An ability to interpret web analytics data to help direct future business strategies and an intermediate understanding of the principles of statistical analysis
- High computer literacy with a good understanding of MS office suite
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, as this role is a pivot point between key internal and external parties
- Good attention to detail
- Have strong prioritisation skills and be a self-starter
- The ability to work well under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Minimum C grade at GCSE Maths and English or equivalent
This role is full time (39 hours), salaried and based in Windermere with occasional out of hours work and travel required.
To apply please click the Apply button.