Digital Operations Manager (London)
Digital Operations Manager (London)
A fantastic opportunity to contribute to the success of an iconic global brand moving toward the future.
At McDonald’s, we’re proud of the way we’re creating an experience to remember; reaching customers wherever they are and innovating new tastes and choices, while staying true to customer favourites.
Of course a big part of this is about great-tasting burgers and fries. But we are also on a journey to ever more modern service and personal engagement with our customers. And Digital is a big part of that journey.
Our Global Digital team extends from our corporate headquarters in Oak Brook, Illinois to all of our major markets. And our International Lead Market (ILM) group, comprising the UK, Australia, Canada, France and Germany, work particularly closely on new capability, innovation and best practice.
As part of the digital team based in London, you will work with McDonald’s UK Marketing and Communications teams to deliver targeted/personalised content across digital channels that will facilitate and elevate customers’ experiences with McDonald’s and deepen brand affinity. You will work closely with IT to ensure effective operations between back end systems and our customer facing channels. You will also ensure digital purchasing channels bring new products and tastes to our customers’ attention; delivering great experience for our customers and value for our franchisees and the wider business.
- Manage and execute BAU business change
- Content management across multiple digital platforms: web, kiosk, app
- Work with marketing teams to deliver targeted/personalised campaign and offer management across multiple digital platforms
- Trading and merchandising across multiple digital platforms
- Working with the senior digital analyst to deliver an always on programme of conversion optimisation across multiple digital platforms
- Working with the legal team to ensure our digital products are legally compliant
- Maintaining customer service knowledge-bases to support both self-service (FAQ) and customer service operators
- Working with the IT team to support operations
Required skills and experience
- Customer obsessed and committed to data driven continuous improvement
- Ability to build relationships across disciplines, based on rapport and sensitivity to company culture
- Strong planning skills; close attention to detail, thoroughness and accuracy
- 3+ years’ hands-on experience with at least digital content management system and supporting infrastructure (e.g. eCommerce or Account Management back ends)
- 3+ years’ hands on experience of at least one digital trading channel e.g. web or touch screen kiosk
- Experience of delivering targeted content or offers
- Good commercial awareness with ability to prioritise competing demands
- Highly resilient and calm under pressure
- BA/BSc degree, ideally in a computing or STEM (science, technology, engineering or mathematics) discipline
- Experience with working with non-digital teams such as marketing, communications, legal and IT.
- Day-to-day 3rd party supplier management (e.g. content management, creative agencies or analytics partners)
- Experience delivering into either a retail or dealer/franchise network
- Experience of omnichannel digital capabilities and 360 view of the customer
- Experience in a multinational organisation with shared technology capability
This role reports to the Senior Digital Business Manager.
- Internal Stakeholders: Marketing, Customer Service, Legal, Customer Relationship Management, IT
- External Stakeholders: Franchisees and owned restaurants; agencies & suppliers