Business Development Manager UK
Company: The Profile Group Ltd
Job title: Business Development Manager
Brand: Fashion and Beauty Monitor, Celebrity Intelligence, Foresight News and Year Ahead
Reports to: Business Development Director
Direct Reports: NONE
The Business Development Manager will be responsible for driving new business sales across US and UK new business subscriptions through driving conversion of content marketing, inbound leads as well as identifying new business prospects from defined lists.
We have ambitious plans to drive revenue through driving high conversion of leads, driving cross sales, to drive revenue and yield and targeting core market companies including enterprise agencies and brands.
We know that by working from hit lists, proactively outbound new business prospects and maximising conversion rates of content marketing leads we can drive market share. By driving cross sales, we are driving maximum revenue from our client base.
The Business Development Manager will not have direct reports; therefore, their responsibilities will be extended to driving new business sales, cross sales, driving yield and feeding into product development.
Accountabilities and Key Performance Measures:
The Business Development Manager is responsible for driving new business across inbound leads, hit lists and content marketing leads, to achieve new business targets individually.
The post holder may also be required to drive sales around new product launches (e.g. advisory).
A key element of this role is to drive new business sales by maximising the potential of every hit list prospect / inbound lead / content marketing lead and, as well as implementing a strong cross sell culture.
Handle content marketing leads and inbound leads
· Performance against revenue target
· Conversion of leads
· Cross sales rate, whether all TPG products are being pitched
· Discussing individual requirements to establish the customer’s suitability to subscribe
· Prepare a tailored response to leads highlighting sector specific benefits and make suggestions for effective use of our products
· Managing the entire sales process from initial call/ email to trial, to raising order forms and closing the sale, to arranging payment and setting up / following up access
Identify and approach new business prospects from defined hitlists
· Working from hit lists across brands and agencies
· The Sales Director’s and Business Development Director’s observation on whether all opportunities are maximised
Drive new business and cross sales (e.g.: through e-shots, content marketing, meetings)
· Sales figures
· Length of sales cycle
· Pipeline health in achievement of pipeline KPIs
Liaise with the editorial and product marketing teams
· Pass on sources / leads for content e.g. discuss benefits of submitting editorial content and introduce to editorial
· Communicate subscriber requests
· Keep up to speed with content on the sites
· Provide clear feedback to improve product
Handle own problem clients/competitive pitches
Manage individual performance. For example: monitor own size of pipelines and lead by example.
· Observation from Business Development Director
· sales figures
· achievement of sales excellence KPIs