My Client are seeking a Front End Developer with strong knowledge and experience of working in an ecommerce environment, to work within their in-house team developing and supporting their growing range of niche insurance websites. Reporting to the Chief Technology Officer this role will be hands on, delivering projects prioritised by stakeholders in the business. This role will also work with the Technical Architect having influence on driving further development and innovation across my clients bespoke back-end insurance systems and technical infrastructure. The successful candidate will work alongside the Marketing team to deliver enhancements, technical SEO changes and creative assets to ensure we deliver high performing optimised websites which continue to deliver an excellent customer journey...
- HTML5, CSS3, JS Development
- Responsive and Adaptive web design
- Pagespeed and optimisation
- Flexbox and Grid
- BEM methodology
- Exposure to JS frameworks like Angular, React, Ember
- NPM, Gulp or Grunt task runners
- Git, Gitflow
- An understanding of website structure & redirects
- Experience using A/B testing software such as VWO
- Experience of implementing Google Analytics data layer pushes
- Test Driven Development
- Agile methodologies
- Bourbon, Neat frameworks
- Continuous Integration experience
- Degree / qualification in computer science or related subject
- SOLID Principles
- App Development
- ASP.Net MVC
- ASP.Net Webforms (optional)
- 5 years E-commerce/transactional website experience - building from scratch and legacy system improvements.
- 3-5 years working with SEO team to improve website performance and improve SEO rankings. Understanding of SEO best practice e.g. site speed, best technology, website structure etc.
- 3-5 years working with UX/CRO team to improve website conversion.
- You are a capable and adaptable developer with a lust for challenges.
- You are innovative; you strive for improvements and share your knowledge across the team.
- You are a team player with strong communication skills who can provide mentoring for developers.
- You strive to deliver excellent code with a strong awareness for evolving coding best practices and standards.
- You are keen to recommend and implement improvements to our business practices.
- You adapt well to new projects, briefs and challenges with a positive attitude, seeking solutions to challenges.
- You are well organised, professional and capable of working towards defined timescales, whilst working on multiple concurrent projects.
- You keep on top of new trends, striving to further evolve your skills.
- Use deep understanding of OO design principles to create custom software solutions or modify package solutions
- Responsible for supporting a recognised architecture approach
- Translate the business requirements into systems design
- Work with the Technical Architect to deliver the technology strategy at an application level
- Actively participate in the estimation effort for projects and work to identify and manage risk
- Demonstrates ability to work with system owners, business owners, technical teams, and functional teams to deliver software solutions.
- Work closely within your development squad to understand deliver work as guided by the CTO.
- Offer opinions and solutions to technical problems, and develop solutions with your squad as required.
- Adherence to standards, best practices.
- Provide deployment and post production problem analysis and support during and after project implementations.
To apply for this role please email your CV to: Ryanlehane@betterplaced.com