Head of Technology
At Party Delights, we love to see people smile, dance, let their hair down... We love a celebration! We believe in taking the stress out of organising, we think it should be fun & easy, and that life should be full of simple pleasures, every day. We’re committed to supplying our customers with the latest products that are relevant & inspiring with no compromise.
This mission has served us well, and as result we have continued to achieve year on year growth since our inception. We are part of the Party City group, the largest retailer of party goods in America and we are scaling our business internationally. We’re on an exciting journey and as a result there are bags of opportunity to make a difference.
A newly created and rare opportunity has now arisen for a Head of Technology to manage and grow the technology team as we continue on our growth curve. You will lead and grow a talented team of online technical specialists creating and enhancing 6 best in class UK and European websites.
This varied role will include, but not be limited to the following:
- Manage a technical team of 6 covering web development, UX and systems
- Create, run and execute all technical and web projects via the team through their entire lifecycle, completed to scope and executed to a high standard
- Create best practice BAU processes and manage and prioritise the workload of the technical team
- Manage systems and software as well as overseeing future requirements in order to stay ahead of the curve
- Build effective relationships with design, marketing, product and operations as well as external 3rd parties ensuring consistency and integration of all work
- Pro-actively look for ways to drive efficiencies and help the business meet its objectives
- Advise on the latest technology and how this can assist the business
This is a real opportunity to make a difference in a business large enough to offer true progression opportunities for growth and development and where you can really make your mark. At Party Delights, nobody is just a number, we have a genuinely friendly culture and a team who are passionate and committed to developing the business.
Interested candidates should apply! Alternatively, please email Claire Eason via the Apply button with a copy of your CV quoting Ref: 26169 or alternatively call her on 0161 238 6700 for a confidential conversation about this position.
All third party applications will be forwarded to Claire Eason at Better Placed for consideration.