Delegate Sales Manager
Centaur Media Plc
Position Title: Delegate Sales Manager
Market Group: Events
Brand Portfolio: Marketing & Creative
Reports To: Marketing Director
Works with: Marketing, Conference capability, Sponsorship Sales, Event Delivery Team
Direct Reports: Paid for products sales team
Office Location: London
Centaur Media is a main market listed company, primarily based in the UK with approximately 600 employees in offices in Central London and Portsmouth. We are a multi-platform content and services business that provides businesses and individuals with knowledge, tools and opportunities to improve their performance. We show specific global communities how they can achieve excellence, measure and benchmark their performance and celebrate success. Centaur generates market intelligence and insight which enables them to plan and prepare for future trends.
The role of Head of Sales & Relationship Management will be responsible for all non-sponsorship led, commercial activity across the Marketing and Creative Portfolio. Responsible for all revenues across entry, table, trophy and logo sales for our awards, paid & VIP for delegate places, e-learning and corporate subscription revenues. A strong sales led individual is needed to manage and focus the team to deliver budgeted revenues, award entries and target delegate volumes.
Putting in place best practice techniques, managing the workflow, monitoring call rates, setting team targets, and motivating individuals are all needed to ensure budget expectations are met. Whilst you will be managing a team, you will also be responsible for working on a number of your own events, and leading by example.
To be effective in this role, you will also need to work with a number of internal stakeholders including Marketing, Data, Conference Capability, Sponsorship and Operations
You will need to gain a basic understanding of each market, awards scheme and conference topic in order to direct and guide your team.
- Delivery of the sales revenue and VIP targets across the Portfolio’s range of Awards, Conferences, Subscription & eLearning products and services
- Accountable for leading, developing and training your sales team
- Work with marketing and sponsorship sales to create targeted VIP campaigns for roundtable and summit style events
- Develop accurate and timely detailed sales reporting and forecasting on revenue and acquisition targets
- Securing key relationships and account management with key decision makers within existing clients and new prospects
- To develop an acute understanding and general awareness of the brand and the market in which it operates
- High volume telephone based sales
- Independent lead generation and supporting the team on this
- Developing and maintaining a close working relationship with the project team and internal/external stakeholders
- Complete administrative tasks in a concise and timely manner
Behaviours and Knowledge:
A minimum of four years of previous experience selling delegate attendance for conferences, events, exhibitions, trade shows, etc. with demonstrated ability to lead, develop and train a sales team.
It is essential to have experience of event and a proven track record to consistently hit targets. Knowledge of managing VIP campaigns will also be an advantage, but not essential. While our database and marketing activities will source leads, you will be expected to produce your own in a deadline-driven, fast-paced atmosphere.
Candidates must have the ability to work in matrix project teams; working with in-house conference producers, sponsorship sales teams and marketing departments is key to our success. You must be able to participate and grow in a collaborative atmosphere.
- Proven ability to generate leads and convert sales
- Proven ability to build relationships at senior levels, both externally and internally
- Proven track record in achieving and exceeding targets
- Proven track record in retaining key clients
- Experience in leading and developing a sales team, preferably in telesales
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills