Conversion Data Scientist
Conversion Data Scientist:
Better Placed are delighted to be partnered with a leading financial services provider who due to an exciting restructure internally now require further investment to help further develop their Conversion rate optimisation. The role 'Conversion Data Scientist' is a crucial element to this growth as it will act as the pivotal link between the collection of data and what is communicated to the Sales Optimisation Managers.
This role will help build the story from data that defines how traffic is converted both on & offline, from first touch to sale.
- Building models to understand trends, and monitor performance across all funnel metrics.
- Create and ensure full utilisation of appropriate modelling techniques and reporting structures both for BAU and for any test initiatives, to ensure that the Sales Optimisation Managers understand how their journeys are performing and know where to focus their efforts to drive the greatest commercial return through an in depth understanding of the factors that impact conversion to allow prediction and forecasting.
- Define, deliver and measure through statistically significant test and learn methodology to enable reporting on the additional "value add" from ongoing testing activities and plans taking successful tests to BAU and ensuring maximum insight is gained from failed tests ensuring that business cases are developed with robust metrics and compelling customer outcomes to ensure commitment is secured to drive conversion and journey improvements in all channels.
- Work closely with the Sales Operations Manager so operations MI is adequate and robust to manage sales performance across the department, and provide support for any test being undertaken to act as a consistency check for measurement and assessment of results.
Skills & Experience:
- Experience of building algorithmic models and shaping appropriate performance reporting capability for on and offline environments and using these to provide actionable insight
- Proven capability to analyse performance, identify trends and make recommendations on areas where action is required
- Experience of high volume on and offline transactional environments (highly desirable).
- Experience of data manipulation and commercial value modelling.
- Good understanding of Operational performance and UX principles
- A background in financial services UX would be highly beneficial.
- Extensive experience using SAS
This is a clearly a very analytical role with set experience requirements needed to fulfil the analysis of data, however further to this it is crucial that the successful individual has the ability and commercial acumen to rationalise and communicate findings back to wider teams and stakeholders. Strong stakeholder management and influencing skills are therefore essential to succeed within this role. On offer to the successful candidate is the chance to join a dynamic organisation with multiple routes of progression on offer during an exciting period of growth.