This is a hugely exciting opportunity to work on one of Centaur's flagship events, The Festival of Marketing. The Conference Producer will be responsible for researching and developing high-quality, sustainable commercial conferences. The role will be responsible working across all events within the portfolio including its three LSEs, The Festival of Marketing, Marketing Week Live & The Insight Show. They will undertake in-depth research, secure high-level speakers and contribute to event strategy and growth plans. They will be responsible for briefing internal teams including commercial sales, delegate sales and marketing.
- Research & Analysis – in-depth research to inform the development of compelling event content
- Speaker Acquisition - sourcing, selecting and securing the participation of high level industry leading speakers, building a network of contacts
- Brand Ambassador – representative for Centaur brands at all times, through telephone and face to face meetings
- Copywriting - sales-driven brochure, web, direct mail and email copy to drive delegate and sponsorship sales
Behaviours and Knowledge:
The candidate will have a strong mix of creativity and commercial awareness. They will have intellectual curiosity and an enormous capacity to learn and absorb information.
As part of a growing division, the candidate will be required to actively seek out opportunities and thrive in an entrepreneurial environment. They will require superb organisational skills to manage a number of projects at one time and be able to take accountability for deliverables on a day to day basis.
They will have excellent influencing skills, the ability to understand brands and their value, and work closely with editorial, exhibition, logistics and sales teams. They will be flexible in their approach and they will look for solutions which drive optimum performance for their individual events and for the business.
- Delivery of individual event targets
- Meeting key project deadlines for speaker recruitment, programme production and briefing other teams
- Meeting key research metrics for each conference programme
- Ability to secure speakers to budget consistently
- Ability to contribute to NPD activities, a key focus for the portfolio