Senior Account Manager
Position Title: Senior Account Manager
Market Group: HR
Brand: Employee Benefits
Reports To: Director of Commercial & Events
Works with: Editorial, Marketing, Operations, Research & Finance
Direct Reports: None
Office Location: London, Wells Street
Centaur Media is a listed company, with circa 600 employees based in London, New York & Singapore. Centaur is a multi-platform content business that provides companies and individuals with the knowledge, tools & opportunities, to improve their business performance. Centaur generates market intelligence which enables them to plan and prepare for future trends, within specific industry sectors.
Employee Benefits has operated for 20 years in the HR sector, and focuses on producing content for buyers of employee benefits & HR services. It is the market leading source of information, insight and networking for the reward & benefits community.
The role of Senior Account Manager will be tasked with growing marketing solutions / digital advertising revenues within specific market sectors within a team of 4 sales people. The Senior Account Manager will be responsible for maximizing revenues from existing customers and generating new business opportunities, by building effective relationships with decision makers, understanding their goals, and communicating our ability to support their business.
- Complete revenue responsibility for specific client sectors.
- Exceed Individual & team revenue targets across the employee benefits portfolio.
- Understand market sectors, trends, industry developments to ensure a competitive edge.
- Maximize business from existing accounts by mapping, planning & development.
- Secure revenue from prospects, targets & lapsed customers.
- Cold call to generate new business and build future pipelines.
- Develop productive relationships at the appropriate levels, to drive business and client acquisition.
- Understand all products within the employee benefits multi-platform portfolio (digital, print, events & exhibitions) to support cross sell opportunities.
- Canvass for, arrange and excel at face to face meetings.
- Understand, promote & sell concepts at launch stage.
- Deal with business of varying sizes, SME to blue-chip.
- Produce compelling proposals ranging anything from £1,000 to £200,000.
- Contribute to compelling sales materials to support revenue acquisition.
- Keep flatplans, floorplans and other team admin & paperwork up to date.
- Ensure contracts are signed and shared before marketing schedules start.
- Manage customer accounts throughout the entire sales cycle to deliver excellent customer service.
- Attend all relevant industry events to network, see and be seen.
- Keep up to date records, pipelines, opportunities, attend sales meetings and report accordingly.
- Adhere to the businesses KPI’s on call times and meeting rates.
- Become fluent on Salesforce.com.
- Work with internal teams including editorial, marketing, operations, research & finance to ensure smooth business operations and client satisfaction.
- Support and promote a positive and collaborative team environment.
Behaviours and Knowledge
- A proven track record in sales.
- A hungry, motivated, competitive, self-starter.
- Determination to reach goals, exceed individual expectations.
- Ability to plan, & sell for the short, medium & long term.
- Knowledge of selling marketing solutions.
- Experience at selling print & digital preferred.
- Experience at selling events advantageous.
- Strong commercial acumen, contributor of ideas.
- Evidence of developing effective new business revenues.
- Proven ability to grow existing accounts and regain lapsed accounts.
- Passion to outdo team and organizational targets.
- Effective communicator internally & externally.
- Ability to work with senior industry contacts.
- Adept at networking, and able to socialize productively.
- Comfortable at being a brand ambassador for employee benefits & Centaur.
- Achieve or exceed targeted individual revenues
- Build forward bookings in set sectors
- Develop new revenue and acquire new customers
- Regain lapsed customers
- Grow existing accounts
- Work as part of a team to reach group goals.