Head of Website Content
You will be managing, implementing and overseeing content on the websites for my client's business. You'll be tasked with improving the customer experience, increasing engagement, driving the ecommerce revenue and building brand loyalty.
My client is one of the UK's Largest Education Publishers who provide a blend of content, training and technology to make learning fun, engaging and effective.
You'd be joining and managing a dedicated team who are bold thinkers and standout innovators who motivate each other to explore and inspire.
As Head of Website content you willcollborate with a number of teams to develop the global web content strategy, includingpersonalisation approaches, content governance and website content authoring models. In addition you'll:
- Support in the development of global best practice, ensuring that web content in the UK is consistent with overall business objectives and reflect company's style and voice through adherence to content style guidelines and accessibility standards.
- Develop a deep understanding of my client's business and the full range of products, services, and solutions we offer.
- Collaborate with key internal stakeholders to ensure web content strategy buy-in and be the lead advocate of the web content strategy in the UK. You will demonstrate an ability to inspire and influence to achieve content excellence.
- Raise awareness in the business of what makes good web content, with an emphasis on mobile and content-first approaches.
- Work across business units and with the UK UX lead to optimise customer journeys across UK websites and ensure website content is regularly refreshed and kept up to date.
- Ensure clear ownership of website content in the UK and support colleagues across the business who are responsible for owning and updating content in relevant areas of the website.
- Manage the roll-out of a new content management system (Adobe Experience Manager) and processes to support our devolved publishing model. Coordinate content training and accreditation in the UK.
- Monitor KPIs for website content and produce of monthly statistics reports, project updates, CMS usage breakdown for business reporting.
- Lead the content audit and assist with the content migration process for the delivery of the OneDotCom programme in the UK.
- Manage and develop the skills of the web content team in the UK ensuring that all content projects are adequately resourced. Oversee freelancers or third-party suppliers to support projects as required.
- Collaborate with colleagues in business units, to understand their business objectives, ensure web content strategy meets is aligned with business priorities and that cohesive messaging is in place across UK business units
- Ensure best practice SEO recommendations are implemented in content publishing in conjunction with team.
- Optimize web content in the UK based on keyword recommendations from Search Marketing teams
You are brilliant at stakeholder management and find it easy managing multiple tasks. You have personally lead a large website migration project before and know everything on content migration, closing down websites and managing web content. You have also had experience of managing a team.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with content development and publishing
- Previous experience of implementing a web content strategy
- Excellent project management and organizational skills
- Strong relationship builder with an ability to build networks
- Demonstration of exceptional verbal written and presentation skills, including good grammar, spelling, punctuation and attention to detail
- Ability to operate under pressure, within tight deadlines and in a dynamic environment
- Skilled in proofreading and editing
- Confident presenter and trainer able to command attention and interest and share discipline expertise
- Previous experience with managing content teams
- Previous experience working on a project using the Agile methodology
- Intermediate SEO knowledge and experience
- Intermediate web analytics knowledge and experience
- Previous experience working on a global brand
- Familiar with content management systems, ideally Adobe Experience Manager
Great bonus structure, pension plan and holidays + a few other bits!