Digital Product Owner
Our client is an established consumer credit fintech who have grown exponentially in the last few years (from 50 staff to 250 in their London office since 2015). They're one of the leading credit card businesses in the UK, with established own and co brand businesses - and they manage the store cards for a number of the UK's top retailers. Over the next few months they will be launching an exciting new product to the market so are in the process of looking for a strong Digital Product Manager to lead from the front! Reporting directly to the Senior Digital Product Manager and alongside the Product and Digital team you will be involved in product management, proposition development, existing customer management and digital programmes.
The role holder will be responsible for the on-time delivery of 2 key strategic digital products. Supported by a scrum team, the Digital Product Owner will be focused on leading, planning and executing digital changes. These changes result in closer digital integration for both new and existing partners, which will ultimately lead them to welcoming more customers. Risk, control and governance will form a key part of the role holders focus, as they ensure that delivery occurs in a controlled and structured way.
In addition to delivery, the role holder will own the development roadmap as ongoing optimisation of the digital products will be key. The products will be deployed across a number of exciting brands and effective delivery of this will require strong working relationships across a number of internal and external stakeholders. The role holder will be a key figure within the engagement model. As a result, it is expected that he role holder has an in-depth understanding of APIs, the solution design, UX and has strong commercial acumen.
As a Product Owner, you will:
- Have responsibility for project success
- Own the digital roadmap and use that to set the digital delivery agenda, which will include elaboration of epics, features and translation into user stories that can be achieved in a sprint.
- Represent Commercial within the scrum team
- Key driver of scrum team output which includes, but not limited to designers, developers, BAs and testers
Within sprints, you will:
- Approve user stories and manage backlog
- Triage and prioritise reported defects within SIT/UAT
- Provide continuous feedback loop to business
- Lead any governance processes required for projects e.g. stand-ups, sprint planning, retrospectives.
Ahead of sprints, you will:
- Work with technical leads to ensure the product design works
- Own sign off process for all digital solutions
- Own the customer experience, identifying new opportunities that will enhance customer experience for all our products.
- Deliver within required internal governance frameworks, and ensure all activity in line with regulatory requirements
- New Product Development experience with evidence of bringing digital programmes to market that meet business case expectations
- Robust understanding of digital customer experience (and optimisation) covering new customer acquisition, transacting and servicing
- Product management experience in lending products
- Experience in managing strategic digital change programmes in a demanding environments to tight deadlines
- A track record of delivery within a scrum using an iterative/agile methodology (e.g. Agile/SCRUM)
- The ability to contribute to the continual improvement of the Project team, including ideas for new processes and methodologies
- Excellent interpersonal skills - oral/written communication, collaboration & influencing skills.
- Robust and resolute - able to handle intense pace.
- Understanding of User Experience and Web Design