Job Type: Permanent
Reports to: Head of Active Customers
Hours: 37.5 per week, Monday to Friday
Holiday: 22 per year, rising to 25 with service
Benefits: Toast and Lunch Club, free weekly fruit & veg box, 35% staff discount, contributory pension, cycle to work scheme and a jolly lovely bunch of people to work with, if we say so ourselves…
Hi. We’re Abel and Cole. The organic food people. The ones with the yellow vans. The gather up the best the seasons have to offer, pack it all in boxes and deliver it to doorsteps up and down the land… people. We’re passionate about great food and the great folks who bring it to our plates, and offering an ethical alternative to the madness of supermarket shopping.
We’re on the hunt for a new Web Merchandiser, since we’ve just promoted our current one. Sitting within the Active Customer Team, this role will work closely with colleagues across the Marketing, Analysis and Buying Teams to take ownership of web merchandising. We’re looking for a self-starter who’s methodical, thorough, precise and unafraid of a bit of admin. You need to be commercially minded and good with data analysis to keep our web sales looking ship shape and, as organic pioneers; you’ll need to be creative and busting with news ideas. We’re looking for someone resilient, flexible and bold to share their energy with us and take our Web Merchandising to the next level.
- Update retail site’s product information and coordinate and brief in/approve all product content.
- Upload merchandising assets for individual or bundled product promotion, as well as for customer level automated merchandising promotions.
- Own the updates and content for all pages – working with the buying team to ensure best ROI for these areas based on seasonality and available lines.
- Be proactive in tooth-combing the website weekly to track and manage all products and pages to ensure precision and accuracy in pricing, offers and other product attributes that could have a significant impact on sales.
- Work with colleagues to seek out new opportunities to improve product, category and sales performance.
- Assist in execution of homepage post briefing and approval, ensuring all url links are provided, category management and update to category to help amplify end to end customer journey and sales conversions from these comms.
- Responsible for weekly communication of new and offers updates with the buying team and CS.
- Communicate key new & offers to acquisition team for in house sales team.
- Continuous merchandising of products on site balancing newness, stock availability, top sellers, seasonal stars etc.
- Work with Web Optimisation and Ecommerce Specialist to implement new merchandising strategies.
Skills and Experience
- A background in a customer-centric business.
- Experience of web merchandising, ideally within FMCG. (Organics a bonus!).
- Strong commercial awareness and experience in driving transactional revenue.
- Strong analytical skills with experience of using insight to inform decision making.
- Excellent written English with a keen eye for detail and proficient in MS Office.
- An excellent communicator - comfortable working in a close knit team and at a number of levels, whilst retaining a self-starter approach to own web merchandising
- A flexible attitude, able to respond well to pressure with a solution approach to changing priorities An interest in organic food and ethical business, and understanding of the Abel & Cole brand personality
- Proactive and able to work on own initiative.
Like the sound of us? Think you might be the person we need? What are you waiting for?! Introduce yourself, and send your CV, along with a knock-your-socks-off cover letter to Kirsty Meyer, Head of Active Customers, at firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you!
Apply for Web Merchandiser
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly