My client, an exciting, growing, pure-play retail business based in North Warwickshire, is looking to recruit an Ecommerce Manager.
My client is a well established retail business with a strong track record. My client is undergoing a period of sustained growth, both in the UK and internationally. This role, is a key commercial role in driving forwards their online presence.
Due to their central location, this role is commutable from large parts of the midlands.
The Ecommerce Manager is a pivotal role within the business focusing on driving ecommerce results. The role will lead a team of four. Main responsibilities include:
- Ownership of the ecommerce platform; delivering the roadmap for the channel, and ensuring it is maintained and continuously optimised to drive revenue through leveraging conversion rate and AOV.
- Create and deliver a solid e-commerce strategy, utilising the promotional trading plans that will achieve the overall company objectives
- Proactively reviewing daily and weekly performance identifying areas of opportunity and improvement, proposing actions and communicating findings to key stakeholders
- Work closely with the marketing department to provide a seamless and relevant landing experience from a variety of channels and campaigns whilst leveraging traffic in well optimised areas.
- Manage the team and create a fully functioning, successful department, continually training motivating and developing
- Working closely with CX to further improve the ecommerce experience through UX changes, prioritising based on the size of the opportunity.
- Work alongside the Buying and Merchandising teams in ensuring the range is effectively visually merchandised onsite in line with range hierarchy, best sellers and slow movers.
The ideal candidfate for this Ecommerce Manager position will possess the following skills/expertise:
- Passionate about driving sales through E-commerce
- Data-driven approach to decision making and proposed actions
- Excellent working knowledge of the Salesforce Commerce Cloud platform is an advantage but not essential
- Experience in managing international websites is an advantage but not essential
- Excellent working knowledge of Google Analytics and Microsoft Excel
- Strong communication skills with the ability to influence and negotiate with both internal and external stakeholders
- Signifiacant retail ecommerce expereince, including responsibility and success in achieving sales targets, conversion metrics and budgets
- Customer centric approach to delivering the right product at the right time.
- Previous experience in managing and motivating a team to produce successful outcomes
Highly competitive package. Huge growth potential.