Assistant Merchandise Planner - (12 Month Contract)
Quest Search & Selection are proud to be recruiting for a Assistant Merchandise Planner for a well renowned premium retailer. The client is a global leader in the design of premium lifestyle products in fashion and home.
This role is focused on forecasting, trading and future seasonal planning, in order to maximise sales and profitability.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities in this Assistant Planner position -
- Assist in the production of weekly Monday business reports & trade meetings
- Forecasting on promotional changes
- Update on forecast, managing intake into the business & to ensure sales are maximized and within the agreed stock targets.
- Work with cross functional teams to ensure timely and accurate planning of different store formats
- Work with the Allocation team and provide guidance in order to manage store stock levels to ensure an optimal distribution of inventory to maximise sales and profit.
- Develop distribution plan by class and store for each season
- Understanding of historical data, current business strategy and financial targets.
Required skills and experience for this Assistant Planner position -
- Worked as an Assistant Merchandiser or Planner for another fashion or accessories retailer
- Commercial and Analytical in skillset
- Able to work on own initiative and to be pro-active
- Knowledge of sales/stock ratios
- Ability to provide strategies to achieve store and product turns.
- Able to understand distribution strategies and how to execute them.
- Strong Microsoft application skills, particularly Excel.
- A flexible and pro-active approach to business and systems management
This is for a global, retailer with growth in the UK market.The business has opportunity to progress and develop within the planning department. if you feel you have the right skill set for this opportunity please apply with the reference
We request that candidates send their CV as a Microsoft Word document where possible.
Quest Search and Selection is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.