This applies to this Website and all others owned and operated by the Company as set out below
Centaur Communications Ltd ("the Company") is committed to respecting and protecting your privacy.
This policy (together with the relevant Terms and Conditions of use, including the definitions of terms and any other documents referred to on it) sets out the basis on which any personal data that the Company collects from Users, or that Users provide to the Company, will be processed by the Company.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (‘the Act’), the data controller is Centaur Communications Ltd, whose registered office is at Wells Point, 79 Wells Street, London W1T 3QN. The Company’s data protection registration number is Z6339550.
Information The Company Collect From Users
The Company may collect and process the following data about a User:
- Information that a User provides by filling in forms on any Company websites. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use a Company website, subscribing to a service, posting Material or requesting further services. The Company may also ask Users for information when a User enters a competition or promotion sponsored by the Company or when a User reports a problem with a Company website.
- If a User contacts the Company, a record may be kept of that correspondence.
- The Company may also ask Users to complete surveys that are used for research purposes, although Users do not have to respond to them.
- Details of transactions carried out through a Company website and of the fulfilment of orders from Users.
- Details of User visits to a Company website including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for the Company’s own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that are accessed by Users.
- Where details may be collected or Users’ details processed other than included above this information will be notified to Users as appropriate.
Users have several options to allow them to block or delete cookies that are created on Company websites or on those of third parties.
Storing Users Personal Data
All information Users provide to the Company is stored on secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. No credit card information is retained beyond the time necessary to process the transaction.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although the Company will do its best to protect Users’ personal data, it cannot guarantee the security of data transmitted to a Company website; any transmission is at User’s own risk. Once the Company has received information from a User, it will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses Made Of The Information
- To ensure that content from a Company website is presented in the most effective manner for Users and their computers.
- To provide Users with information, products or services that the User requests from the Company.
- To provide Users with information which it feels may interest the User, where the User has consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out the Company’s obligations arising from any contracts entered into between it and the User.
- To allow Users to participate in interactive features of the Company’s service, when Users choose to do so.
- To notify Users about changes to the Company’s service.
The Company may also use a User’s data, or permit selected third parties to use a User’s data, to provide a User with information about goods and services which may be of interest to the User and the Company or the third party may contact the User about these by post or telephone.
If the User is an existing customer, the Company will only contact the User by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to the User.
If the User is a new customer, and where the Company permits selected third parties to use User’s data, the third party will contact the User by electronic means only if the User has consented to this.
If a User does not want the Company to use his/her data in this way, or to pass his/her details on to third parties for marketing purposes the User may inform the Company and details of how this may be undertaken are shown on the relevant website.
The Company does not disclose information about identifiable individuals to its advertisers, but it provides them with aggregate information about Users. The Company may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women in SW1). The Company may make use of the personal data it has collected from Users to enable it to comply with its advertisers' wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
Disclosure of User Information
The Company may disclose User’s personal information to any member of the Centaur Media PLC group of companies, which means its subsidiaries, its holding company and any subsidiaries of Centaur Media PLC, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
The Company may disclose User’s personal information to third parties:
- In the event that it sells or buys any business or assets, in which case it may disclose User’s personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If the Company or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If the Company is under a duty to disclose or share User’s personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply its Terms and Conditions and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Company, its customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Users have the right to ask the Company not to process their personal data for marketing purposes. The Company will usually inform a User (before collecting their data) if it intends to use their data for such purposes or if it intends to disclose their information to any third party for such purposes. Users can exercise their rights to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the web pages used to collect their data. Users can also exercise the right at any time by contacting Centaur Media PLC in writing addressed to The Chief Information Officer at Centaur Media PLC, Wells Point, 79 Wells Street, London W1T 3QN.
Company websites may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of the Company’s partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If Users follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that the Company does not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before submitting any personal data to these websites.
Access To Information
The Act gives Users the right to access information held about them. Users’ right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act by writing to The Chief Information Officer at Centaur Media PLC, Wells Point, 79 Wells Street, London W1T 3QN. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet the costs of providing Users with details of the information held about them.